Workstead is seeking a full-time, in-house Senior Designer with proven experience in all phases of design to work in our Brooklyn Studio. This position will be instrumental in executing projects and will report directly to the Principal/Studio Director.
Candidates should have strong design experience on real hospitality, commercial, and or residential projects where s/he was involved in all phases of the interior architecture process and can demonstrate creative involvement. The ideal candidate will bring both creativity and organization to the position and demonstrated experience leading a creative team.
- Lead teams from concept through space planning, design development, documentation, construction, construction administration, and eventually closeout
- Prepare construction documentation; including drawings, schedules, specifications, and custom details
- Develop FF&E packages – participating in the selection and documentation of furniture, fixtures, equipment, and material specifications
- Work with project consultants, product representatives, and fabricators to meet overall project objectives
- Directly participate with Project Managers, Designers/Architects, and Principals to ensure projects are on schedule, on budget, reflects all client and project objectives
- Contribute to office culture, initiatives and mentorship of staff
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Demonstrated experience in commercial and residential design, knowledge of project constructability, project costs, and code requirements
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and visual
- Highly organized with impeccable time-management skills
- Demonstrated Project Management and Strategic Planning Experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop & Indesign, and SketchUp
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Health Care Plan
This description outlines many of the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other daily tasks within the studio are often required. Additionally, emphasis on duties and responsibilities may shift over time dependent on the needs of the firm.